Akai MPC 2500 Music Production Center Specifications:
The Akai MPC2500 Music Production Center combines a 64-Track MIDI Sequencer with a 32-voice 16bit Stereo Digital Sampler. The MPC is a rock solid sequencing and drum programming machine with 16 velocity and pressure sensitive rubber pads. The unit allows you to sample more efficiently. This composition center is contained in one extremely powerful desktop unit.
Designed for professional audio production, the MPC2500’s intuitive and ergonomic interface makes it the ultimate user friendly composition studio. Two internal effects processors can be used simultaneously. This includes a wide range of effects algorithms, such as reverb, delay, bit grunger, chorus, phasers, flying pan, 4-band EQ, compressor, and a phase shifter.
Real-time control is provided by two note variation sliders and two Q-Link knobs. Q-link knobs can be separately assigned to allow flexible, real-time performance control of a wide variety of selectable parameters. These parameters include level, pan, filter cut-off and resonance, and tuning.
Each assignable Q-Link knob can generate MIDI data so that parameter information can be recorded and played back from within a sequence.
Following the highly acclaimed MPC60 and MPC3000, 2 MIDI inputs and 4 MIDI outputs come standard enabling 64 external MIDI channel operation. In addition, the MPC2500 can individually control its onboard sampler up to 64 Parts, allowing users to assign a different program on each track.
A large LCD screen allows a clear view of sequence data displaying features such as a drum machine ‘grid’. Continuous MIDI data can be shown as well as edited graphically.
The MPC2500 comes with 16MB of onboard memory which can be expanded up to 128 MB of RAM via the optional EXM128 memory card.
The MPC2500 has the capability of an optional internal Hard Disk and CD-RW drives.
Akai MPC 2500 Applications
- Sampling and creating beats
- MIDI sequencing
- Live Performance
Improved Akai MPC Design
- Large graphic LCD display based on the friendly user interface of the MPC series MPC’s iconic feel and groove
- Velocity and pressure sensitive pads allow for expressive programming, with more pad banks
- New Features such as Chopshop, Patched Phrase, Grid Edit, Effect and LFO sync, Mixer Automation, and Input Thru Expanded Linear/Pattern-based, 100,000-note, 64-track sequencer and 64 external MIDI channels
- 32-voice, 16bit drum sampler equipped with 16MB of RAM with ability to hold 128 RAM
- Two MIDI inputs and four MIDI outputs
- Built-in USB Slave port for connection to a Windows or Mac OS computer
- Built-in 10 analog outputs
- Two 1/4-inch stereo analog inputs and outputs with 16bit/44.1kHz sampling
- Master/Slave synchronization capabilities: MIDI clock
- 2 Assignable Footswitch inputs
Sample Library Compatibility – Compatible with:
- MPC1000: SEQ, WAV, PGM, ALL
- MPC2000/2000XL: SEQ, WAV, SND, PGM (Most parameters of a PGM file can be loaded.)
- MPC4000: SEQ, WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
- MPC3000: SND (THRU Computer)
- Z4/Z8: WAV only
- S5000/6000: WAV only (THRU Computer)
Extensive Sound Control
- Extensive sample editing that includes cut and paste, timestretch, slice, resampling etc, with waveform Display, discard, extract, delete, silence, normalize, reverse, and pitch-shift
- Dynamic resonant multi-mode filters, 2 envelope generators and 1 LFO for each of the 32 voices
- 2 Q-Link sliders and 2 knobs for real-time control over a wide variety of dynamic changes
- Optional user installable Internal hard drive to store custom sound libraries and sequences
- Optional user installable CD-RW/DVD drive
Samplers, MPC1000, MPC2000, MPC2000XL, MPC3000, MPC4000, Roland MV8000, Roland Fantom S, Roland Fantom X, Roland Fantom Xa, Yamaha Motif, Yamaha Motif ES, Korg Triton, Korg Triton Extreme, Reason, Sonic Core STS Samplers, Wav Samples, Drum Sample CDs, & More.